Re: Modem Problems

On Thu, 29 Apr 1999, Tesla Coil wrote:
> On 29 Apr 1999, Justin Renalo wrote:
>
> > i have an isa with irq jumpers but still can't seem to get it working
> > the Cardinal is a isa 56K with jumpers -- but i get no response
> > from it.
>
> Possibly the PnP jumper is still in place?

Might make sure you're setting the IRQ and com port right on it as well.  I
personally prefer to put internal modems on com3 and IRQ 5, because I don't
like to share anything if I don't have to. :)

setserial /dev/modem and make sure that's seeing what it oughta be...

--Danny, hoping he didn't duplicate someone's post