Re: Video Capture.

On 29 Apr 1999, John Corey wrote:

> On another note, I recently picked up a video capture card.  I've
> seen plenty of TV watching/capturing programs, which is nice.

Really, which one?  I've been curious about this.  Believe it or not,
there is now a video capture card designed specifically for Linux:
http://www.linuxmedialabs.com/

> But, are there any programs that can burn a VideoCD?  Google
> isn't helping, everything's either in a foreign language or about
> VideoCD players.

I believe VideoCD is just MPEG1 arranged on the disk in a certain way.
Video capture output is typically M-JPEG or AVI, so it has to be run
through conversion software.  Once we get to details on arranging the
data on the disk--I stop pretending to know.  Hafta look around...