Re: Slackware 4

On Tue, Apr 27, 1999 at 07:57:15PM -0500, Cloudmaster wrote:

> > -- Installation method improved (Hah, crappy -> mediocure, I guess ;) )
>
> I always kinda liked the slackware installer.  Maybe I was using some kinda
> of bizarro-slack that came with a futuristic installer noone else knew
> about... or it could be that I'm just a freak.

I had previously been uncarnig about Linux installers, however, that all
changed after I used the SuSE and Caldera (from 1.3) installers.  They provide
so much more useful info.

At SHS (Springfield High School) in the C++ lab, Mike McGrath and I had to do
some pretty shifty things in order to get a working install on some 50 and 60
MB HDDs.  With SuSE's installer, one can aproximate how much each package will
take, thus removing a LOT of guesswork from the install.

Hmm, I think I'm going to have to queue a Caldera 2.X download tonight.  I
want to burn myself a copy of that BADLY.  uNF :-)

--Mike, the easily amused, and currently very tired.

--
Damacus		| damacus@bastion.cnsnet.net ** damacus@statiknet.org
		| PGP: http://bastion.cnsnet.net/~damacus/damacus-key.asc
		| Administrator, Cimarron Network Services, Inc.
IRC:  (EFnet)	| #statik	http://www.statiknet.org
nick: damacus	| #dc-stuff	http://www.attrition.org/ (hosted/dc-stuff)

			      -- Ferenc Mantfeld