Re: X and a Video Card

I have 2 recomendations.

-- The ATI All in Wonder PRO.  8MB SDRAM.  It's TV tuner is supported under
bttv, and all around preforms well.  Aprox $120 retail value.  There is
acceleration support using the Mach64 server.

or..

-- STB Velocity 4400 (AGP or not).  16M SDRAM.  This card got pretty good
ratings under both 2D and 3D tests.  (74fps in Q-II using OpenGL on a P-II
400)  This card was something like $150 the last I checked.  I think there is
X acceleration, but can't remember.

--Mike

--
Damacus		| damacus@bastion.cnsnet.net ** damacus@statiknet.org
		| PGP: http://bastion.cnsnet.net/~damacus/damacus-key.asc
		| Administrator, Cimarron Network Services, Inc.
IRC:  (EFnet)	| #statik	http://www.statiknet.org/
nick: damacus	| #dc-stuff	http://www.attrition.org/ (hosted/dc-stuff)

			      -- Ferenc Mantfeld