Re: ethernet probs

On Sun, Apr 25, 1999 at 09:15:23PM -0500, Cloudmaster wrote:

> Apperantly, in the 2.2.7-pre3 patch, there's some workarounds for the slow
> windows connections, working around some of teh 'features' in the MS TCP
> stack.
>
> --Danny, who thinks there's an awful lot of development going on in this
> stable kernel tree...

I'm not sure, but I think Linus is waiting for better (full?) SMP support
before branching off to 2.3.x.

			      -- Ferenc Mantfeld
	Damacus ** damacus@bastion.cnsnet.net ** damacus@statiknet.org
	      PGP Key: http://bastion.cnsnet.net/~damacus/damacus-key.asc
		Administrator, Cimarron Network Services, Inc.
				IRC:  (EFnet)
		      #statik  http://www.statiknet.org
	    #dc-stuff  http://www.attrition.org/ (hosted/dc-stuff)