Re: [LUNI] Bunk???

On Wed, 14 Apr 1999, Steven Pritchard wrote:
> Rich said:
> > I dont deny the results of this test. The whole thing was built around
> > multithreading which is an open issue in the Linux kernel. Linux cant
> > send out to four nics at once, the kernel is NOT multithreaded. NT is.
> I can't speak authoritatively about using multiple NICs, but I do recall
> that binding multiple NICs together was one of the tricks the Beowulf
> people talked about using to get more bandwidth cheap.

Just to note, the beowulf people were using multiple NICs splitting a signal
to transmit the whole faster, while in the case of this test, each NIC would
be handling seperate communications.  While being able to use 4 NICs to do
the work of one really fast card on one network does show that linux can use
multiples, I don't see how that particular application doesn't really say
anything about serving multiple concurrent request to 4 seperate networks.
I also don't see any reason that linux would have a problem with multiple
NICs for multiple nets.  I don't really know much tonight, do I?  Must be
the tired thing.

--Danny, who'll get this darned beowulf up someday...