Re: libdb.so.1

> > it looks like glibc2.0.7-29 provides libdb.so.1, however, when I try to
> > get a newer version of livingston's radius to run, i get the error that it
> > can't find libdb.so.1
> >
> > is there somewhere i can put a symlink to help this guy find what he
> > needs?
>
> In /usr/lib , I have libdb.so.1.85.4 , and a link: libdb.so.1 .
> Do you have both of those (full-name libdb and link)?

It doesn't matter exactly what you have, it's what the source/application
calls for.  If the problem is with a binary, ldd binaryname will tell you what
the program is linked against.  Put a symlink as that file pointing to the
corresponding library.

That SHOULD work, although you may have problems with undefined references.
Caveat administrator.  :-)

--Mike

			      -- Ferenc Mantfeld

		   Damacus ** damacus@bastion.cnsnet.net **
	NEW PGP public key as of 03/28/99; Please update your keyring.
	 PGP Key:  http://bastion.cnsnet.net/~damacus/damacus-key.asc
		Administrator, Cimarron Network Services, Inc.