Re: starting sendmail error

On Mon, Mar 29, 1999 at 06:47:26AM -0600, charles@lunargraphics.net wrote:

> anyone have any ideas where this error may be coming from?
>
> [root@cjm /etc]# sendmail -bd -q15m
> sendmail: error in loading shared libraries
> : undefined symbol: __register_frame_info
>
> I get this when starting sendmail. I just put 8.9.3 on, and RH5.2 is not
> liking it. I am not sure what libraries sendmail calls, and which ones
> arent on my machine. Any suggestions where to start?

I'm not fully sure about this, but it sounds as if you upgraded a shared
library that sendmail uses.  If you're using the RPM of sendmail, I think
rpm --recompile whatever.srm
(or whatever the name is for a source RPM is) should do it.

--Mike

			      -- Ferenc Mantfeld

		   Damacus ** damacus@bastion.cnsnet.net **
	NEW PGP public key as of 03/28/99; Please update your keyring.
	 PGP Key:  http://bastion.cnsnet.net/~damacus/damacus-key.asc
		Administrator, Cimarron Network Services, Inc.