Re: installing rpm from the source

Steven Pritchard wrote:

> charles@lunargraphics.net said:
> > anyone know where the docs are for compiling and installing rpm?
> > i downloaded the tarball, but i don't see install docs
>
> Isn't it the standard "./configure && make && make install"?
>
> Steve

It should be.  www.rpm.org should have all the FAQs, HOWTOs, and even
Maximum RPM in PostScript which covers just about everything you could
ever want to do with RPM.

On another line, has anyone found a mirror for Gnome 1.0 that's not
being overwhelmed with all the Slashdotters?  I've used KDE for a while
now, and figured what the heck, I'll give Gnome a shot too...