Re: hi

>Mike Gatton wrote:
>
>>         I Would like to find a way to send eMail using my Linux box...
My POP3
>> server is working just fine, and when I receive eMail (via fetchmail),
>> sendmail routes all ok. When I attempt to send mail I get the message
>> 'connection refused'.  This only occurrs when I tell my eMail program
>> (Eudora) that the SMTP server is my linux box. As it stands now, the only
>> way to send eMail internally is to send it to an external server and wait
>> for fetchmail to bring it back down.. This is quite a Kludge considering
>> what Linux has accomplished so far. I was wondering if anyone could offer
>> some suggestion as to the source of this problem.... I have attempted to
>> run sendmail -q10m. I have read as many man pages as my
>> eyes will allow on this. I would like to send local eMail locally if at all
>> possible <grin>
>
>Check your sendmail config, specifically /etc/mail/*_allow.  Recent sendmail
>doesn't relay by default; you have to tell it when you want it to relay
and who
>you want it to relay for.  This is for spam prevention.

1) I dont have a mail subdirectory under etc...
2) find -name *allow* does not yield any mail related files....
3) The message is CONNECTION REFUSED..
     if I try to telnet into the host.. ie..      host:25    it appears to
connect then disconnect as quick as it connected. No text received, no
error message, just CONNECTION LOST... When I run netutil (a windows
program) it responds that SMTP is detected on the [linux] host.

Stranger and Stranger....

Mike...