Re: has any one....

cloudmaster said:
> Yeah, but I've gotta remember to put "modprobe ess1370" into my boot-up
> scripts, because I can never remember to load it manually, nor does the
> kernel autoloader (kmod?) seem to work quite right for sound or IDE CD-ROM
> access.  I guess that's fixable, but I don't know how and am too lazy to
> find out, unless someone helpful decides to post how.

Try something like this in /etc/conf.modules:

alias char-major-14 ess1370
options ess1370 io=0xXXX irq=X dma=X dma2=X

(Obviously, replace the X's in the second line appropriately.)

The IDE CD-ROM should "just work".  Mine does, anyway.  I don't have
anything special in conf.modules for it.

BTW, in case I haven't mentioned it before, here are some other things
that are helpful to have in /etc/conf.modules:

# To get certain types of a.out binaries to run...
alias binfmt-0064 binfmt_aout
# To get the modular parallel port support to work...
alias parport_lowlevel parport_pc
options parport_pc io=0x378 irq=7

(217)698-1694             | Meetings the 4th Tuesday of every month