Re: has any one....

Chris Maple wrote:

> Has any one install the new 2.2.0 or .1 kernel yet
> just just wanted to know if anyone has had any trouble with it yet?
> have fun :-)

[jeff@server1 jeff]$ uname -a
Linux server1.jtja-l.com 2.2.1 #3 Tue Feb 2 23:03:07 CST 1999 i586
unknown
[jeff@server1 jeff]$ rpm -q redhat-release
redhat-release-5.2-1
[jeff@server1 jeff]$

In my experience, it's quite a bit faster than the 2.0.x kernels.  I've
heard that machines with less than 16MB of RAM are actually a bit
slower, though.

All my stuff works OK.  I installed a contrib ipchains RPM (this was
before Red Hat's official updates), and I've got duplicate routes all
over the place, but everything else moved over without a hitch.