Re: Computerfest

Kara Pritchard wrote:
> On Mon, 8 Feb 1999, cloudmaster wrote:
> > > First, we need volunteers to man the booth.
> > Can't do that, but I'll loiter. :)
> What do you mean?  Why not?

Due to the drive, my unpredictable sleeping habits, school, and a job, I
can't commit to being there at a specific time.  I'll loiter and help out
however I can while I'm there.  But, I don't wanna promise to help too
much, just in case I turn out to be busy...

I think "I'll loiter" was a shorter way to put it. :)

> > I'll bring my cluster o' 486's down too, if it's working by then.  It's not
> > real fast, but it looks cool.
> >
> Hey, that's not a bad idea.  There are local High schools who want are
> interested in projects like that.  It could be a good selling point.  How
> many nodes are you working with?

It's just 4 now.  It was gonna be more, but the sale fell through.  It
still looks cool though. :)  BTW, anyone with 486 boards/processors they'd
like to donate / sell cheap - get ahold of me...

> We really could use people's machines with nice displays, or even just the
> nice displays.  Steven and I both have 17" CTX's, but something nice to
> display Quake, and do demo's one would be wonderful.

I've got a 17" relisys I'll bring with the K6-2/375+ / SuSE 6.0 /
windowmaker (assuming they ship it someday).  I'll bring a couple of
smaller monitors too if you need some sitting behind the booth on hidden
machines...

--Danny, looking forward to playing in Springfield :)