Re: Distro's that dont come with proper lib's

cloudmaster said:
> I don't know about him, but I don't like red hat because of an irrational
> hatred that grew in me when I used slackware.  That, and it seems that they
> do things their own way and have more problems than they should, but it
> could just be my slack side showing through.

Don't get me wrong...  Red Hat has made what seem to me to be insane
decisions quite often...  I think that's mostly a function of who they
had for a development team in the past.  They've added a *lot* of
people lately, and some of those people seem to have a decent amount
of sense.  I rather believe that Red Hat 5.2 is proof of this.  It's
the first version of Red Hat that I have no major complaints about so
far.  The Alpha install went just as smoothly as the x86 install for a
change.  They finally upgraded to bind 8, apache 1.3, added nc (about
damn time), and probably other stuff I can't remember.  Unfortunately,
they didn't add KDE, but that's a religious issue best left alone for
now.  They also didn't upgrade to sendmail 8.9, which is a little
annoying.

BTW, I know this is the worst reason in the world to choose a
particular distribution, but I'm guessing that the members of the
group are most familiar with Red Hat, then Debian, SuSE, and a handful
of others.  Keep in mind that our skill at answering questions will
decline as you go down that list...

(217)698-1694             | Meetings the 4th Tuesday of every month