Re: Distro's that dont come with proper lib's

Steven Pritchard wrote:

> Tim Grossner said:
> > Ok...Fine...I will, grudgingly, try another distro...But not RedHat. Anyone
> > here got a turbolinux CD I can borrow tonight?
>
> May I ask why not Red Hat?

I don't know about him, but I don't like red hat because of an irrational
hatred that grew in me when I used slackware.  That, and it seems that they
do things their own way and have more problems than they should, but it
could just be my slack side showing through.

> In any case, if you want to give SuSE a try, I still have some copies
> of the last version.  (These CDs are from last October, so they're not
> very out-of-date.)  Call me if you want one.  (Of course, I also have
> Red Hat 5.2 that I could probably loan out.  :)

I'll have the SuSE 6.0 disks in a few days, if you think you'll find
yourself in Urbana anytime soon... SuSE's my new favorite.

--Danny, who keeps libraries updated with RPM and just "make install"s
everything else.