Re: nfsiod

charles@lunargraphics.net said:
> What exactly is this? along with rpc.nfs.
> I suspect that they really arent needed if my machine isnt mounting any
> nfs shares, or providing any share? Is this correct? And if so, how can i
> get rid of them? Would they be initialized within the rc.d dir?

nfsiod is used when you are mounting a remote NFS filesystem.  The
various rpc.* programs are used when your system is an NFS server.

If I remember correctly, nfsiod is a kernel thread, so it will show up
if you have NFS filesystem support in the kernel (at least on 2.0.x).
You can get rid of the rpc.* stuff, as well as portmap, in the init
scripts if you aren't going to be a NFS server.

(217)698-1694             | Meetings the 4th Tuesday of every month