X fonts and gcc?

Hi all,

I use Window Maker on my PC (it's a Toshiba Satelite Pro 400CDT laptop),
and i've finally tweaked it to my linking (I know this because I havn't
had a
new project for it for the past couple of weeks). However, there are a
few
minor inconsistencies that have been annoying me lately, and I can't
seem to find an answer for them. It would be great if some kind soul out
there would be willing to give me a couple of pointers and/or references
so
I can get these taken care of. Well, without further delay, here's my
short
list of annoyances:

1.) Fonts! Fonts! Fonts! I can't seem to find suitable fonts for
Netscape
communicator. The only real problem is that the small font is very
difficult
to read. This problem was lessened when I switched from KDE to Window
Maker, but it's still there (more or less). Will a True Type font server
take
care of this? and if so, how do you install a font server and fonts? or,
is
there a better set of X fonts that will take care of this?

2.) GCC Libraries!?!? I can't seem to get my compiler tweaked so that I
can compile code without any problems.What rpms should be installed
for GCC, and what do you recommend for libraries and development
tools? (This one has been a thorn in my side for years, and I still
can't
seem to overcome it. I've read the GCC-HOWTO, but to no avail. I guess
some of these programming issues are beyond me.)

Well, that covers it. Any other problem that I might be having is rooted
in the GCC misconfiguration problem, and I expect those to go away
once I can get that taken care of. Thanks in advance for any tips, or
references to other docs.

Jason Burke
Network Engineer
Levi, Ray & Shoup, Inc.