Re: Next Install Fest?

On Fri, 8 Jan 1999, Steven Pritchard wrote:

> Roy G. Cottingham said:
> > When will the next Install fest be?
>
> I'd guess around April.

If so, we should work on setting the date soon enough so that I can make
sure that the RCC is available.

> > That -or- would it be possible to hold a meeting (the regular monthly
> > or a second for the month) on a Saturday, once or twice a year?
>
> That wouldn't be a bad idea.  If we did something on the occasional
> Saturday, we could maybe have a mini-Installfest while we're at it.
> (Presumably we wouldn't be under the same kind of time constraints on
> a Saturday that we would be during the week.)

Again, if it is to be at the ISM-RCC then I need to make araingments.

> Which reminds me...  Various people have suggested that we have some
> kind of "social" event on occasion...  Does anybody have any
> suggestions/ideas for that, or should we just schedule something and
> see who shows up?  :-)

Sounds like fun.

> > BTW, I took an Intro to Unix class this fall at Illinois Central
> > College. They use RedHat to teach the class!
> > They will also have a Unix Administration Class this Spring.... yep,
> > RedHat again!

I'm "taking" a ZDU course on unix system administration. this is also
based on RedHat. Darned if I haven't learned something, too.

Erich

Erich Schroeder                    Phone: (217)785-0033
Curator, Information Technologies  FAX:   (217)785-2857
Illinois State Museum GIS Lab      Internet: erich@museum.state.il.us
http://www.museum.state.il.us/ismdepts/anthro/staff/erich/erich.html