Re: Linux on a PowerPC

charles@lunargraphics.net said:
> Okay, does anyone out there have any experience with installing Linux on a
> Macintosh? I have been trying to gather as much information that I can on
> the subject, but I can't for the life of me actually find someone who has
> gone through with it.

I haven't had a chance to try it (although I'm dying to), but I can
tell you what I've heard...

> My main questions are: which version is better, LinuxPPC or MKLinux?, does
> RedHat have some kind of "inthe works" PPC port?

As I understand it, the "official" LinuxPPC distribution is
more-or-less Red Hat.  See

    http://www.linuxppc.org/

The only real reason for running MkLinux is if Mach supports some
hardware that the real kernel doesn't, which apparently only rarely
happens these days.  If I'm not mistaken, PTF has a version of
TurboLinux for PPC that has both the MkLinux kernel and the standard
kernel, so you can use whichever works best.

(217)698-1694             | Meetings the 4th Tuesday of every month