Re: IDE tape backup?

On Fri, 25 Dec 1998 charles@lunargraphics.net wrote:

> Does anyone have a good recommendation for an IDE based Tape Backup device
> that will run solid with linux?

One that I wouldn't recommend is Iomega's Ditto drives.  I had one on my
Windows box, and after a few months the thing just decides to rewind or
forward past the beginning/end of the tape.  Then you have to sit down
with it and reattach it to the spools.  I searched around Dejanews and
came to find out this is rather common for them.  If only I had done so
before buying it :).

I picked up a SCSI tape drive off ebay.com and have had absolutely no
trouble with it.