Re: Cron probs.

On Mon, 21 Dec 1998, mike packard wrote:
> How does one get cron to "activate" one's jobs when not root?  I have
> tried editing crontab via 'crontab -e' and from Linuxconf.  I don't get
> any errors, the jobs just don't happen.  I'm running RedHat 5.1, in case
> that matters to anyone.

So, it runs root's jobs OK, but no one elses?  You can do this, right:

sauer@cloud120:/home/sauer > ps ax|grep cron|grep -v grep
  113  ?  S    0:11 /usr/sbin/cron

I guess the only other thing that comes to mind immediately is asking if
you're entering the time specs correctly.  "man cron" remembers the format
better than I do. :)

--Danny