Re: procmail oddness

On Mon, 7 Dec 1998, Steven Pritchard wrote:

> Set your mda to "/usr/bin/procmail -f -" and run fetchmail as your
> regular user ID.  That's what I do.  It works flawlessly.

  OK, i copied that line exactly to my .fetchmailrc and it had some, erm,
interesting results.  Procmail and sendmail decided to run over and over
and over again to deliver (try to anyway) my mail.  argh.  I found that
its a very quikc way to get your pid's to go up and up and up.  I was at
around 1000 and now just after this happened, I'm at 3185  heh.  I reread
the procmail man page and it mentions the '-f-' flag which doesnt have a
space between the f and the trailing - and maybe this is making procmail,
erm, upset?  8)  Or do I need to make a .procmailrc file again as the one
I had before seems a bit too much for my use?  Thanks 8)

- Shadow
  kurtiss@earthlink.net