Re: OnGoing Problems

1) The Mouse. No, I Haven't Tried to make it work at the command prompt
(I don't know how). The mouse is functioning correctly under windoze
though, so i rule out having a bad mouse or wrong port.

2) XF80Setup. According to the documentation, XF80Setup WILL NOT WORK
with the video card that I am using (I believe it from first hand
experience).

3) The Kernel Version. Sorry I ommitted this critical information in my
origonal message. It is "Caldera Open Linux Standard" Kernel Version
2.0.33 ....

4) Network Card. I downloaded/printed all the specs from their web site
prior to attempting the install. According to their documentation, the
only difference between the 905 & the 905B is that the buffer was
increased from 4KB to 8KB to prevent the overflow problem that was
occasionally experienced with the older model.

5) Upgrading to XFree 3.3.3... I have already attempted that. It takes
hours to download, and each time, I received a corrupt copy.

My PRIMARY goal with this box is to set it up as an internet proxy
server to allow all users of our Novell network (4.11 Intranetware) to
gain access to the internet. All other functions are secondary to be
used to demonstrate the power of Linux over DOS & Windoze to the people
with the purse strings. If I can run ONE SPECIFIC dos based program from
Linux, I can convert all primary software over.. Unfortunately that
program crashed miserably when run under dosemu. I know that there is a
unix version of that program, but the people guarding the purse dont see
the need to purchase it.. I appreciate the extremely quick response I
received from this group. This makes me feel more comfortable.. PS. Does
anyone know where I can get a shoebox to save all this hair I've been
pulling out?
Tnx.