Re: Need some Help (fwd)

On 3 Dec 1998, Mike Gatton <jorj1@hotmail.com> wrote:

> Getting "X" to work.
>    Doesn't Have my video card listed,
>    can't find one that will work.
>    Documentation says it is recognized, but no luck.
 >   Video card is "SiS 6326" AGP 3D w/8MB RAM

What Linux distribution are you running?  I Believe the
SiS 6326 was supported only with the very latest version
of the XF_SVGA server, so make certain you in fact have
XFree86 3.3.3.  For that card, won't run better than 24-bit
color; likely burp and die if configured for 32.

>  Also, "X" doesn't seem to be able to use my mouse.
>   Standard, three button serial, generic.

That is usually remedied with trial and error with protocols,
but no threat of blowing anything up in that procedure. :)