Re: vi within a shel script

this will work... prolly a better way ;)

EXISTING=`cat ~/subscriber`
NEWLINE="$EXISTING $1"
echo $NEWLINE > ~/subscriber

make sure subscriber is there (touch subscriber)....

 Steve Horrighs Jr., MCP                       217-535-1010 VOICE
 President, CTO  		               217-535-1009   FAX
 CityScape Communications                      217-622-2580 PAGER
 447 North Walnut                             steve@cityscape.net
 Springfield, IL 62702                   http://www.cityscape.net
 Service Bureau * Internet Consulting/Access * Sales * Networking