Re: :-)

Chris Maple said:
> I'm trying to figure out a way to keep myself online with a dialup
> acount
> is there a way to creat a timed ping or something like that?

Keep IRC going.  That generates plenty of traffic.  :-)

A "fetchmail -ad 600" will pull your mail down every 10 minutes, which
would probably also be enough to keep your connection up.

If all else fails, I suppose you could do "ping -i 300 -c 1
[somehost]" to send out a ping every 5 minutes, but that's cheating.  ;)

(217)698-1694             | Meetings the 4th Tuesday of every month