Re: xdm

mike packard said:
> I've been playing around with xdm but can't seem to get the chooser to
> come up so that I can open my whole x session somewhere else.  Has anyone
> done this/know how to do this?

You need to run xdm in daemon mode, without running an X server.  You
can do this by editing /usr/lib/X11/xdm/Xservers and uncommenting the
line

    :0 local /usr/X11R6/bin/X

Then run "X -indirect localhost".  The chooser will come up with a
list of hosts that responded to the XDMCP query.

I must admit something...  I was playing around with this so I'd feel
comfortable saying for sure that's how everything worked...  I had
everything working fine (I was able to login to my K6 from my Alpha),
then I changed *something*, and now nothing works right.  I have *no*
clue what I've screwed up, so it is entirely possible that what I said
above won't work right.  I think it will though.  If it does, let me
know.  :-)

(217)698-1694             | Meetings the 4th Tuesday of every month