Re: ip masquerading

On Mon, 5 Oct 1998, Cloudmaster wrote:
> On Mon, 5 Oct 1998, mike packard wrote:
> > Does anyone know of anyplace with good documentation on setting up
> > IP-masquerading?  It doesn't seem like some of the /usr/doc/HOWTO stuff on
> > firewalling, routing, and proxying go along too well with the new kernels.
> >
> > So far my system recognizes my two ethernet cards but won't route between
> > them.
>
> Another silly thing that could've been overlooked, you do need to have a
> bunch 'o crud compiled into the kernel to use your linux box as a
> bridge/firewall/router/whatever.

One more thing that I should've thought of before sending out teh original
post:

http://ipmasq.home.ml.org has a bunch of info on IP masquerading on linux,
and has some links to handy little programs too.

There.  I won't think of anythign else until someone asks.  I promise. :)

--Danny, Does LUCI have a distributed.net team?