Re: qustion about ytalk

There might be some neat stuff on the web if you poke around with a search
engine and check common linux sites (ie, ww.linux.org).  One thing you
should do from my experience is make sure your friend (presumably on a
windows machine) isn't using the "stock" telnet.  Get a decent telnet
client (I like CRT, but there are other free ones out there), because
windows' telnet doesn't like to redraw right.

As Jeff suggested, you might look into setting up an IRC server on a free
port on your machine that you just telnet into, and then just tell your
friend about the port and no one else. In a Java class I took a year ago,
we wrote one. It's pretty easy ('twas a 2 week assignment), so I'm sure
there's a nice one already written in a compiled language.

Good luck,
Danny