*New & Improved* Stupid X 3323!

Upgraded XFree86 to 3.3.2 patch 3 and KDE to 1.0-1.
Everything's just grand...if you're logged on as root.
Otherwise, startx gets the server, doesn't fire up the desktop.
Same story with KDE.

Highly suspect:
"NOTE: the X servers are no longer installed setuid root.  If you are
starting your X servers with startx/xinit, or something similar, you
will need a copy of the setuid Xwrapper, and an updated xinit.  These
can be found in X3323bin.tgz"

Overlooked this in release notes that could use a haircut.  Noticed it
when the update overwrote xinit, and defaulted to (blick!) twm (bleah!).
That was easily edited to fvwm, but immediately wished I'd made a backup
of /etc/X11 when I backed up /usr/X11R6.  Beyond permitting comparisons,
it might not have helped--the setuid changes have put me in unfamiliar
territory--but maybe somewhere a path just needs scripted in...

Not a total emergency--the only user account is my own :)