Re: Suse Disks

On Tue, 1 Sep 1998, Jeff Licquia wrote:
> On Tue, 1 Sep 1998, Steven Pritchard wrote:
> > Speaking of bleeding edge, one thing that worries me about S.u.S.E.
> > (and Caldera OpenLinux, for that matter) is that they haven't moved to
> > glibc yet.  I can understand that from a stability standpoint (sort
> > of, since some things are *much* better under glibc), but unless we
> > get everybody on glibc, we're going to have to play the a.out vs. ELF
> > game all over again.
>
> Don't know about SuSE's plans, but Caldera plans to move to glibc by
> year's end, AFAIK.  There will reportedly be a 1.3 version of OpenLinux
> (still libc5), and then OL 2.0, with glibc.

I thought I heard somewhere that SuSE was planning to move to glibc
someday in the near future.  I think I also read that their reasoning was
that glibc is still in beta form, and that they'd move to it when it gets
to full stability.  I can't find a link for that, but it sticks in my
mind...

> That will leave SuSE, Slackware, and the various minor distros left on
> libc5.

Well, I gues you could call stampede the glibc slackware... :)

--Danny, who knows from slashdot how many luci members feel about stampede