Re: pipin'

On Fri, 28 Aug 1998, mike packard wrote:

> > Noticing that, and realizing that I was trying that on a slackware box
> > when I tried it, I fired up an rxvt on my SuSE box (BTW, SuSE kicks ass)
>
> What kix ass about it?  I wanted to try it the last time I reinstalled
> but didn't have a CD.  Do you have a SuSE CD I can?  I'm also
> looking for a Debian CD if anyone has one.  On the other hand I
> could just break down and fork over the $1.99 or whatever it is to
> order it from [Insert name of Linux-Selling-Place here].  :)

I've never used SuSE, but I've heard lots of good things about it.  It's
the first to integrate new software into the distro; it was first with
GIMP, and was first to include KDE and use it as the default environment.
Plus, I've seen the first part of the install script, which has the best
PCMCIA support of any of the distros, IMHO.

I have a recent SuSE CD I can loan you, and a Debian 1.3.1 CD you can
have.  (Which reminds me: time to order that Debian 2.0 CD...)