Re: pipin'

> But then how would you grep through a big "ls"ting and still maintain
> color output?  How would we survive without color ls?  (note, when I do an
> "ls --color|grep coloredstuff" it returns the colored stuff in color, so
> it appears that it _is_ sending all of the stdout through the pipe, not
> somehow detecting if its output is bing piped through anything else or
> not)

	yeah, i have a lot of problems with ls --color. it doesnt seem to
pay any attention to the color directives i set in dircolors, it wigs out
when i throw it into a pipe and try to cat it into something. kind of a
bummer. i tried the same thing on a slack box and it works without a
hitch. i am guessing that it has something to do with the term type, but i
am just pulling that outta thin air.