Multiple IPs bound to NIC at startup

Hey, sorry that I had to bail out on the meeting last night so early,
especially over a tornado in chicago, which as I find out, was from the
day before.
Anyway, a question I had at the beginning of the meeting last night is
still open. How do I set additional IPs to be bound to the machine's eth0
upon boot? I need to do it by manually configuring the files rather than
from within x.
I currently can bind additional addresses without problem using ifconfig
eth0:<subinterface>. However, I am not really certain how to get these to
bind again upon boot. Steve mentioned that he was having some problems
with the luci machine binding additional IPs, however, I havent made it
that far. I was curious to know just what files to edit so that linux will
*attmept* to bind some additional ips to the nic on boot.
Even if there is some bug in 5.1, I would still appreciate knowing the
procedure on how to get to it. 8-)

	cjm