Re: Can't ping eth0:1

> > having 3 ip addresses bound to a single nic, on eth0, eth0:1 and eth0:2
> > respectively, I am able to ping 0:0 by ip, but not 0:1 or 0:2. what would
> > cause this?
>
> Is this on RH 5.1?  If so, I'm having a problem with aliased
> interfaces too...  It appears that the initscripts don't initialize
> them properly.

	sure enough. i havent even added them to startup scripts though.
might this cause the problem? I just happened to be adding a couple
addresses manually through ifconfig e0:1 a.b.c.d netmask w.x.y.z, and it
started giving me no response. like i said before though, the ip that was
set during install, and *is* initialized during startup has no problems
and responds to pings. one other thing is the additional addresses on 0:1
and 0:2 have no problem repsonding when i attempt to ping them from
another machine. they *only* give no response when I am trying to ping
them from the machine where they are bound.