Re: rpm.org

On Fri, 31 Jul 1998, Charles J Menzes wrote:

> Has anyone tried rpm on slackware?

Yup.  For a while, I actually installed RPM on a Slackware box we had and
managed some packages with RPM instead of doing the typical "download,
compile, install" thing.  That box has passed on, however.

Steve's main box used to be Slackware and is now Red Hat.  Red Hat sort of
gradually took the machine over.  (Any similarities between Red Hat Linux
and a virus are purely coincidental. :-)

I've even installed RPMs on Debian.  You want to use "alien" to convert
them to Debian packages, and it's not terribly smooth, but it can be made
to work.