Re: custom kernel boot disk

So, you just build a kernel, dis a "make zdisk", and then
"rdev /dev/fd0 /dev/fd0" - and it doesn't work?  If you set the root
device of the boot floppy to the root on a known good machine, does it
boot that machine properly?  If so, I'd say the problem is with the root
disk.  I think there's an option (or 2) you need to select when building
the kernel too - but I don't remember right off hand.

--Danny, spewing what he thinks he knows out for all to see