Re: boot-up problems

Mike Packard said:
[...]
> Then I get a bunch of crap about trying to access beyond end of device.
> When I get to a bash prompt and try fsck, it tells me it can't find the
> ext2 superblock, I have a bad magic number in my super-block  while
> trying to open /dev/hda, and the superblock could not be read or does not
> describe a correct ext2 filesystem.

Try "/sbin/e2fsck -f -v -b 8193".  If that doesn't work, keep adding
8192 to the number (so try "/sbin/e2fsck -f -v -b 16385" next, etc.).

I should note though that this sort of thing rarely happens without a
*really* good reason, like a failing disk or controller, or a
bad/loose cable, or something else hardware-related.

(217)698-1694             | Meetings the 4th Tuesday of every month