Re: X Configuration

Mike Packard said:
> I've had trouble locating documentation concerning the configuration of some
> of the basic functions of X.  For instance, mouse speed is a big one.  My
> mouse moves too fast to make it very useful.  Is that sort of thing relative
> to your particular window manager?

The window managers that I'm familiar with don't mess with the mouse
speed.  To change that, use xset.  I use "xset m 3/1" at home.  YMMV.

To have xset run every time X is run, just add the command to your
.xinitrc or .xsession (whichever one exists).  If you don't have one
of those files, copy the system one (from /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/xinit or
/etc/X11/xinit) to ~/.xinitrc or ~/.xsession (when in doubt, "cp -a
/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/xinit/xinitrc ~/.xinitrc && ln -s ~/.xinitrc
~/.xsession") and edit away.

(217)698-1694             | Meetings the 4th Tuesday of every month