Re: Squid redirector

Hi,
  I also got squid running here at the museum. I think that we have
switched perhaps 15-20 users over to the proxy. It seems to greatly speed
up the more static sites, but not so the dynamic ones. This makes sense.
Our connection was (mostly) pretty fast anyway, with the slowest part
often being the initial name resolution and contact. I don't see how
squid can speed that part up.

Erich

Erich Schroeder                    Phone: (217)785-0033
Curator, Information Technologies  FAX:   (217)785-2857
Illinois State Museum GIS Lab      Internet: erich@museum.state.il.us
http://www.museum.state.il.us/ismdepts/anthro/staff/erich/erich.html