RS6000 port?

Hi,
  I remember something that I was going to ask at the meeting. We have
these two old IBM RS6000s, one of which I have turned off after it was
replaced by the linux box. Are there any linux ports going on for the
pre-power pc RS6000s? I'm not sure what processor it is, some sort of
RISC chip. Chances are that it is microchannel. The model number on the
outside is 520. The "real" model number that IBM uses is 7013.
  They are running an unsupported version of AIX right now, and I don't
think that they are worth the money for an OS upgrade at IBM prices.

Erich

Erich Schroeder                    Phone: (217)785-0033
Curator, Information Technologies  FAX:   (217)785-2857
Illinois State Museum GIS Lab      Internet: erich@museum.state.il.us
http://www.museum.state.il.us/ismdepts/anthro/staff/erich/erich.html