Opt-Out Lists

Just wanted to let you know that I got your message about the list reorg,
and wanted to give you my $.02.  (Summary: LinuxMall used to subscribe
you to a list if you bought from them, with the option to opt out.
They're now going to an opt-in system, and are alerting people currently
on the lists.)

I've bought from you guys and got on the list.  I haven't minded much.
Sometimes I've seen something interesting, and pursued it further; this
has even resulted in a few sales.

I don't mind "opt-out" lists as long as it's easy to opt out.  I
purposely didn't opt out, because I like your company and don't mind
seeing what you might have for sale, specials, etc.  But, I'm glad that
you guys are responsive to your customers.  I'm an NT admin by day, and
believe me: it's refreshing to see a vendor who listens to their customers!

A suggestion: Put the option on your order form.  When they place an
order, let them click a check box to subscribe.  I wouldn't even see
anything wrong with making it checked by default; I always consider
whether I want those checked no matter what.  Maybe you do this already,
but if not, there you are.

Good luck in your brave new world.  FWIW, I will continue to be a
customer, and as the co-founder of Linux Users of Central Illinois (a
Linux user's group serving Springfield, Illinois, and the surronding
area), I will be recommending you as a good place to buy.