Questions as a result of my new distribution

Hi,
  As I mentioned to some folks last night, after hosing my system
yesterday afternoon I installed the Caldera OpenLinux Lite distribution
that I picked up at the InstallFest. I now have some questions from my
new world:

  1. As the stock kernel is noticablly slower than what I had before I am
recompiling 2.1.98 (just to be "cool", well actually to see if I want to
try this on the dual P-2 machine). I see, and have used, the bzImage
target in the Makefile. What is "bz?"

  2. Last night Kara mentioned the "click to the right in xwindows"
problem that she had. I have that now. What's up with that? How do I get
rid of it?

  3. I've grown to like the afterstep window manager as it came shipped
with the redhat 5.0 server down the hall. How do I go about copying that
setup to my machine?

eks

Erich Schroeder                    Phone: (217)785-0033
Curator, Information Technologies  FAX:   (217)785-2857
Illinois State Museum GIS Lab      Internet: erich@museum.state.il.us
http://www.museum.state.il.us/ismdepts/anthro/staff/erich/erich.html