RE: Potential Meeting Topics

OK... I'll add some two or three cents worth, may as well get a
discussion going on this thread.  Mark, you've hit upon quite a list of
meeting topics that could occupy an entire year of User Group meeting
sessions if each topic is treated exhaustively, dealt with one at a time
per meeting.  Each topic idea you listed is an excellent choice and I
think the only opinion I would have to add to this would be a
prioritization of the list, though some of the individual line items
(most that are indented) are subsets of broader themes and, depending on
the depth of the broader subject, should and can be discussed within a
single meeting.

How about some back issues of Unix & Linux Mags and Journals for ideas
and answers?  Anyone with an extensive collection, or anyone know of
some library that would archive back issues?  I'd be interested in
information sources for solutions to problems that could be accessed
locally, through the net, or ftp-site (ultimately in a searchable
form...).

Now, to add a couple of gratuitous comments to the on-going prose: