Re: Next meeting

Hi,
  I had mentioned in passing last month that I could offer a meeting
place where I work: the Illinois State Museum Research and Collections
Center at 1011 East Ash. Our "special program room" is open for the 3rd
Wednesday and the 4th tuesday.

The advantages are:
  Big room
  Network connection (I can usually provide a hub)
  Access to an LCD projector (unless it is used elsewhere that night)
  Good parking
  Kitchen available
  Semi-flexible on closing time

Disadvantages are:
  Poor acoustics, a big lecture needs to be amplified
  Somewhat difficult to describe the location to new folks
  May not be available if I (or another ISM employee) am not involved,
    although I am not completely sure of that.
  Being a State Building, limitations on some activities.

Anyway, it is a posibility.

Erich

On Sun, 11 Jan 1998, Steven Pritchard wrote:

> Mark W. Blunier said:
> > Has a meeting date been determined for the next meeting
> > of luci?
>
> Not yet, unfortunately.  I was hoping to take care of that last week,
> but I never found the time.
>
> Anyone have a preference for day of the week?
>
> Steve
> --
> steve@silug.org           | Linux Users of Central Illinois
> (217)698-1694             | Watch this space for meeting day & time
> Steven Pritchard          | http://www.luci.org/ for more info
>
> --

Erich Schroeder                    Phone: (217)785-0033
Associate Curator, Anthropology    FAX:   (217)785-2857
Illinois State Museum GIS Lab      Internet: erich@museum.state.il.us
http://www.museum.state.il.us/ismdepts/anthro/staff/erich/erich.html