Re: meeting date/time

Hi,
  We probably don't want meetings on fridays. There is a loose group of
Unix users that meets in Springfield on (I think) the second thursday of
the month. But I may be wrong with that, and I'll see if I can find out
more.

  That's a pretty busy schedule that you list. Looks as though tuesdays
or wednesdays would be right. Where are SLUUG and EASUG?

Erich

On Mon, 1 Dec 1997, Steven Pritchard wrote:

> Since the first LUCI meeting is almost upon us, I think it would be
> wise to figure out what day/time we want to have our regularly
> scheduled meetings.
>
> I can think of a few *bad* times:
>
>     Time                     Reason
>     ----                     ------
>     Any day before 6         I don't get off work until 6.  :-)
>     First Thursday           Jacksonville Computer Users Group meeting
>     1st/3rd Mondays          SILUG meeting
>     3rd Thursday             SLUUG Linux SIG meeting
>     2nd Wednesday            EASUG & SLUUG meetings
>
> There probably are a few more I am not thinking of right now, but that
> still leaves the calendar pretty open...  Anybody want to suggest good
> or bad times?
>
> Also, I suppose the final decision should wait until we've had a
> meeting there, but Lincoln Library seems to be a decent place to have
> a meeting...  Should we figure on using it indefinitely, or does
> someone have a better idea?  (I'd kinda like not being forced out at
> 9, but that could be considered a plus to our wives/SOs...  ;)
>
> Steve
> --
> steve@silug.org           | Linux Users of Central Illinois
> (217)698-1694             | First meeting December 4, 1997 at 7 PM
> Steven Pritchard          | http://www.luci.org/ for details
>
> --

Erich Schroeder                    Phone: (217)785-0033
Associate Curator, Anthropology    FAX:   (217)785-2857
Illinois State Museum GIS Lab      Internet: erich@museum.state.il.us
http://www.museum.state.il.us/ismdepts/anthro/staff/erich/erich.html