Springfield Linux User's Group

Hello!

I received your names from a student at UIS, who thought you might be
interested in what we're doing.

We're starting a Linux user's group, which we're calling LUCI (Linux
Users of Central Illinois).  Our first meeting is December 4 at 7 pm at
the Lincoln Library in downtown Springfield, Carnegie Room South.

Besides the usual administrivia (set the next meeting time, etc.), we'll
be doing an informal introduction to Linux.  We'll also be doing
giveaways of stuff: Red Hat stuff (T-shirts, pens, etc.), O'Reilly Linux
books, and one copy each of Caldera WABI (the Windows emulator for Linux)
and Applixware (the office suite).

We'd love to see lots of UIS people come out, so feel free to spread the
word.  We've got a Web site (www.luci.org) with directions to the library,
copies of our flyers (in PostScript and Word 97 formats), mailing list
archives and list information, and mirrors of LDP and Linux International.

Thank you for your time.