LUCI: Interested in the Ohio Linux Fest?

This is just around the corner!

The Ohio LinuxFest 2006 is rapidly approaching, and we're trying to
get the word out. The LinuxFest is a free, annual conference for the
Linux and open source community. This year's LinuxFest takes place
on Saturday, September 30 in Columbus, Ohio at the Greater Columbus
Convention Center. We're hoping you will help us get the word out to
your group, so we can help share the fun with as many free and open
source software enthusiasts as possible.

This year, we're going to have some really interesting speakers --
Jon 'maddog' Hall of Linux International, Jeff Waugh of GNOME and
Ubuntu fame, Chris DiBona from Google, Ubuntu member Jorge Castro,
MySQL's Jay Pipes, and many others. The full list of speakers is
available at http://ohiolinux.org/speakers.html.

Registration for the Ohio LinuxFest is free for presentations, exhibit
floor, and for the conference after-party. By popular demand, an All
Conference Pass is available for the first time this year, which will
help offset the cost of the LinuxFest.

The All Conference Pass is $65, and pass-holders are entitled to
lunch on the day of the conference, drink tickets for the conference
after-party, vendor swag, access to the conference suite at the Holiday
Inn, and a limited edition Ohio LinuxFest t-shirt. The deadline
for registration is Friday, September 22. Attendees can sign up at
http://ohiolinux.org/attend.html.

If possible, we'd like you to help spread the word by doing the
following:

1. Forward the letter below to your membership.

2. Please let us know if you're aware of any of your members are
attending. We'd like to track the user groups and organizations that
are participating.

3. At your next meeting, please encourage your members to attend. You
might even see about organizing a carpool -- this is a great road
trip opportunity!

4. Link to the Ohio LinuxFest Website using the banners available
at http://www.ohiolinux.org/banners.html.

5. Submit the LinuxFest to Digg, Slashdot, and other tech and news
sites.

6. Invite non-Linux users! The LinuxFest has a number of talks geared
to new Linux users, and it's a great way for people to get their
first taste of Linux.

Please let us know if there's anything our team can do to help you
promote the LinuxFest. Email us at team@ohiolinux.org.

###

Subject: Invitation to Ohio LinuxFest 2006

For the past three years, the Ohio LinuxFest has brought hundreds of
Linux users to Columbus for a full day of community, and interesting
and informative talks about Linux and open source.

The fourth annual Ohio LinuxFest will be held on Saturday, September
30, at the Greater Columbus Convention Center in downtown Columbus. The
conference will last from 8 a.m. to Midnight, with presentations
and exhibits from 8 a.m. to 7:15 p.m. and the annual OLF reception
8 p.m. to Midnight.

Scheduled speakers include Jeff Waugh, Jon 'maddog' Hall, Chris DiBona,
Michael Johnson, Jay Pipes, Jorge Castro, and many others. We also
have a special treat this year -- live penguins from the Columbus Zoo!

We also have a number of interesting exhibitors this year, including
Astaro, Digium, IBM, Novell, Linux Box Corporation, FreeGeek Columbus,
the Fedora Project, the GNOME Project, rPath, Sun Microsystems,
and many more:

http://ohiolinux.org/exhibit.html

Don't hesitate -- sign up today to attend the Ohio LinuxFest
2006. Registration is free and only takes a few minutes.

http://ohiolinux.org/attend.html

Rooms are going fast, so if you're planning to attend from out of town,
be sure to sign up for your lodging today!

http://ohiolinux.org/attend_hotel.html

See the Ohio LinuxFest 2006 Web site for more information, and you
can also keep tabs on updates by checking the Ohio LinuxFest 2006 blog:

http://ohiolinux.org/ http://penguin.ohiolinux.org/blog/

Sign up today, and pass the word on to your friends, co-workers, fellow
LUG members, and anyone else who might be interested in learning more
about Linux and open source.

If you need more information, feel free to drop us an email at
team@ohiolinux.org.

See you in Columbus!

Sincerely,

The Ohio LinuxFest 2006 Team

"unsubscribe luci-announce" in the body.