LUCI: Tuesday, January 23, 2001 meeting

The next meeting of the Linux Users of Central Illinois is tomorrow,
Tuesday, January 23, 2001, at 7 pm at the Illinois State Museum
Research and Collections Center at 1011 East Ash Street in
Springfield.  If you need directions, there's a link to maps and
driving directions on the LUCI site.

Well, we've been talking about it off and on for what seems like
forever, and now it is *finally* here.  On January 4, Linus released
kernel 2.4.0 to the world.

Our topic for tomorrow will be what's new and different in 2.4.0, what
it takes to upgrade, what to watch out for, that sort of thing.  If we
have time, we'll probably also discuss various bits like netfilter in
depth.

See you tomorrow.  :-)

(618)398-7320             | Meetings the 4th Tuesday of every month