LUCI: Tuesday, July 27 meeting

The next meeting of the Linux Users of Central Illinois is tonight,
Tuesday, July 27, 1999, at 7 pm at the Illinois State Museum at the
corner of Spring and Edwards Streets in Springfield.  If you need
directions, see the ISM directions page web site at

    http://www.museum.state.il.us/ismsites/main/directions.htm

I'd like to spend tonight's meeting on a topic that I've been
altogether too wrapped up in for a while...  Linux hardware support.
Sure, we all know that Linux will make a useful machine out of an old
486, but what about all the latest, fast, ridiculously cheap hardware
out there?  Well, some of it is supported nicely, some of it will soon
be supported, and some of it may never be supported.  I want to go
over some of my findings, plus some of the latest news, at the meeting
tonight.

As always, all questions will be welcome.

See you there.  :-)

(217)698-1694             | Meetings the 4th Tuesday of every month